Monday, January 2, 2012

10 Favourite Posts of 2011

I thought I'd do the standard blog post re-capping my 10 favourite projects from last year.  I've ranked them 1-10, 1 being the project I'm the happiest with.

Number 10

This dress was so quick to make and turned out so great.

Number 9

This high chair was really difficult.  I used vinyl which meant no pins and the piping was big and really stiff.  I was sure I'd never work on another one but all it took to love this project was finishing.  It looked so much better than the origianl.

Number 8

This time I didn't use the vinyl and there wasn't any large piping so this project was surprisingly quick and awesome.

Number 7

I made a lot of different pages, a bunch of scripture ones and Catie uses them every single Sunday.  A ton of work but worth it.

Number 6

The rich colours mixed with the super soft flannel on the back made me want to cuddle up with this myself.  It looked perfect in the bassinet.

Number 5

My first chenille blanket and I was hooked.  I've made two others since but this one is still my favourite.  I'd love to make more I just need people to have babies so I can have a reason to make more.

Number 4

This was a huge project that used a ridiculous amount of fabric and was far more expensive than I expected but it was a huge transformation and even though I cursed making all those stupid pleats they turned out exactly how I wanted them to.

Number 3

I'm sad to tell you that this blanket is still sitting in my closet.  There haven't been any cute little babies born that needed this blanket.  The minky is so soft and the t-shirt material is well worn, part of me wishes I had my own baby boy to wrap him in.

Number 2

My second most popular post ever.  17,000 page views prove that I'm not the only one that needed an easy way to hang earrings and necklaces.

Number 1 

I think it's pretty obvious that this is the most successful project I've ever done.  With almost 320,000 page views this project has made me a little famous in this online community and almost a year later I still love using mine every morning.  I'm pretty sure if shipping weren't so ridiculous I could make a full time business selling these.

2 comments:

olivian said...

These are my favorites too. Thanks for all the links in one post.
Nice sharing and keep posting.
new homes manalapan nj

Erin said...

I blogged about your makeup board a while back, and used your tutorial to make a little magnet board for my niece. It turned out to be so incredibly precious that I'm going to make another one for myself! Thank you so much for the great idea. Also, your baby girl is a little doll!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful new year. :)